Friday, December 10, 2010

November 14-20

This week everything was mostly the same. I was continuing to teach english on Mondays and Wednesdays. There was also another bible study on saturday where I would watch everyones kids and teach them bible stories. There are three children in general that come every saturday night to these studies. They are crazy and love to wrestle. I feel like I have to fight for my life everytime they come over. I went over to their house, which is a Gececondo, this thursday on the 18th with my host family. We ate çig kofte (which is like a dish of cracked wheat that is usually mixed up with raw beef) and baklava. It was a great meal. Shortly after that these kids picked up large pillows and there was officially war in their house. The smallest kid who was about 6 years old continued to turn the lights on and off to make to make the pillow fight a little more intense. We battled hard through several hours of sheer wreslting and pillow beatings. As the night came to an end the room looked as if a tornado had sturck it. The beds and their sheets were all mangled, everyone was sweating perfiously, and somehow someone had ripped out a an entire electric socket. That was clearly a night to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment