Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oct. 31 through Nov. 6th

This monday's class was a bit different. The lady who usually is the main teacher was out of town. So it was up to me to teach the class. To be honest I really enjoyed it and I also had another one of my worker friends come in to help me out. He came up with some great ideas while we were teaching. We played "Simon says" again and we finished the "Prodigal Son" story. Last week we broke up the story into two parts and then this week I decided to approach the story as a whole. I think it helped put the peices more together.

On Wednesday my friend was back in town and so she again took the reigns of the class. However, I still helped out a lot in the class. This time we taught on the parable of the "10 coins."

I was asked to go with some of my Worker friends to join a family for dinner. This family made the best Mantı (mant-uh) I have ever had. Mantı is basically a small ravioli with different spices and and other stuff. This lady was definatley a blessed cook. Anyways, being invited to this families house was totally awesome. The husband is an artist who sculpts and plays quite a few musical instruments.

I went over one of the students houses again to help out with English. He really has improved quite a bit and then he and his wife invited me to go out and see Attaturks Mausoleum. I had not been there yet and I really enjoyed. I got to hang out with some friends. They helped me with my Turkish and I helped them with English. We went out and ate some food and did quite a bit of stuff together. They treated me as a king. They paid for all my food and what not. Then they also walked me to my bus after the night was done. They are a great family and if you think about it, please pray for them. God will know who and whats up. Thanks.

I went hiking this Friday in Kızılcahamam (kizil-ja-ha-mam) with a couple of my friends. It was about an hour away on a bus. The mountians were full of greens and yellows. It kind of reminded me of home but there weren't any hiking trails. Actually, we had to travel on 4x4 trails. We hiked all day and got some great pics of scenery. We also were able to see a petrified tree. It was the biggest petrified tree that I have ever seen.

1 comment:

  1. This was great, Josh. Thanks for painting such a clear picture of everything through your words. Can't wait to catch up with you in person!

    ReplyDelete